What will I learn?
✓ Set up house or apartment to rent on Airbnb or similar sites
✓ How to maximise exposure by marketing to many different types of clients
- No previous experience needed. You just need to be able to rent your house or a room in your house.
Rafael dos Santos is a Brazilian-British multi-award winning entrepreneur in London. For 12 years Rafael had his own property business: managing and letting rooms in flatshares and holiday flats (vacation apartments) in London. In this course, Rafael shares all the trick and tips on how to:
- Choose your property, furnish it, decorate it, take photos and advertise it
- Types of beds, bed linen, pillows: how to choose, store and clean them
- What to provide in the kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom to your guests
- The process of booking, checking in and checking out your guests
- Communication via email and in person
- Create a ‘how to folder’ to keep your guests informed
- How to WOW your guests with simple gestures – so you receive amazing reviews
Who is the target audience?
- Homeowners, those renting whole properties with spare rooms and agents managing houses for property owners
- People who aspire to run their own property business
- Property owners
Welcome to: “How to start your hospitality business”.
My name is Rafael and for 12 years I run my own property business in London.
I started from zero so I have done everything you can think of: I cleaned houses, unblocked toilets, changed the linen then moved on to manage people, buy and sell properties. I purchased, refurbished and decorated around 50 properties from studios to 7 bedroom houses.
Before you can move on to exciting things like actually listing your property on Airbnb, you need to first set it up and ensure that it is perfect for future guests. In this lesson, I will discuss how you can go about this all important step of the Airbnb process. I know setting up a new place can seem intimidating, which is why I will show you an example of how I would set up a one bedroom flat, including where and how you can place furniture for the perfect set-up. Let’s get started!
First impressions are everything when it comes to Airbnb, don’t you agree? In this lesson, you will learn about how to get amazing pictures of your property before you list it on Airbnb, to attract the maximum number of guests. Make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, professionally clicked photos can make a world of difference and we are visual creatures after all. So follow my steps to get the best out of your beautiful property.
Your first Airbnb booking will be something to remember for a long time to come! In this lesson, I will help you with a few pointers to make sure that your first booking is memorable for the right reasons. I will talk about the booking process itself, how it starts and how to communicate with your possible future guests. I will also discuss what happens once a booking is confirmed. What important information do you need to pass on to your guests and what should be done before they arrive. There’s also a possibility that after your guests check in, they may find something wrong with the property. What happens in this case? And finally, if all goes well, how and when does Airbnb pay you? Watch this lesson to ensure a smooth process for both your guests and you.