Are you an entrepreneur who finds traditional marketing ineffective? Are you a small business owner who is struggling to attract and maintain target customers? Are you ready to get online and grow subscribers, but don’t know where to start? Then this post is for you. In the UK, 87% of marketers are using content marketing approach while less than one fourth are mature content marketers who have found success. Don’t worry, every Text Thursday, Digital Entrepreneurs Academy will dedicate blog posts to help you nurture success in marketing and sales one step at a time.
What is Content Marketing?
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
In other words, content marketing aims to develop and maintain a long-lasting relationship with your target audiences through providing useful and consistent content that can help them solve problems. Nowadays, content marketing is so common that, from solo proprietors to prominent corporations, such as P&G and Microsoft, are all using it.
Why You Should Use It Too?
Content marketing is cost-efficient. It costs 62% less than traditional marketing and does not require many employees; entrepreneurs who use content marketing experience 7.8 times more traffic than those who do not. It also enables entrepreneurs to engage with current and potential clients. Marketers can adapt their content to customers’ needs faster from comments and feedback on social media platforms. More importantly, Effective content marketing attracts the right clients: you are building royal and trusting bonds with them by providing valuable content that this group of people find useful.
How to Use Content Marketing?
1. Define your target group. Who are they? Are they professionals or students? Where are they based? Where do they seek information? And most importantly, what do they want/need? The better you know your target customers, the more effective your content will be.
2. Choose online platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube) that can reach your target audiences. We will talk about how to generate the best marketing and sales results on each social network in another post.
How to Sell on Social Media: https://digitalentrepreneurs.academy/sell-social-media/
3. Plan and create customised content that suits the platform and your clients.
For example, dermatologists can target those with skin problems or those who want to take better care of their skin and post videos on their Youtube channels talking about common skins issues, providing solutions and promoting products.
4. Be consistent with the frequency and timing when you deliver your content. A study revealed that businesses that posted more than 16 blogs per month got 3.5 times more traffic than those with only 0 – 4 posts per month. Furthermore, 75% of blog traffic and 90% of blog leads were generated by older posts, and companies with more than 400 posts get twice as much traffic as those in the 301- 400 post rank. Therefore, you need to be consistently posting more than 16 posts per month for at least 25 months to see the best results. To achieve optimal effects, aim to post between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
5. Interact with your audience to look for popular contents that they want. If you haven’t gained enough follower base, check out our previous post on how to find hot topics using Google trends and get your content delivered to the right audience through hashtags.
TECH TUESDAY: GOOGLE TRENDS AND HASHTAGS – FIND HOT TOPICS TO WRITE IN YOUR BLOG POSTS: https://digitalentrepreneurs.academy/tech-tuesday-google-trends-hashtags-find-hot-topics-write-blog-posts/